Monday, August 18, 2008

My Baby Turned 7!!!!


So hard to believe, but it's true. How does this happen? Just yesterday I was holding this sweet baby boy and smelling the yumminess of infant-hood. Today I think about this same boy's basket of dirty smelly laundry that beckons me from a corner of his room!

Caleb Ross certainly completes us. He makes us laugh with the things that he says and does, and he continues to be the one that still loves to crawl up on his mama's lap and twirl my hair and "snuggle". Even though he seems to be the most independent of "the bunch", he's also the one who has been known to ask us if he can live with us forever. He still LOVES working hard on anything outside and specifically construction. I have been assured that he will build me my dream house someday (with his own separate living quarters I suppose) FOR FREE!

My prayers for Caleb have always been unique. He has such a strong personality (he always has... since the first moment I laid eyes on him). I have always known that he was created that way for very specific purposes. It is my duty as his mom to pray that his strengths will be used for good. In my journals, there are pages and pages of prayers for my boys. I consider it an honor to pray for them in specific ways and see how God works in their lives. I have seen this many times already in Caleb's life.

These are the specific prayers that we (Jason and I) will be praying for Caleb this year. We would love to have you join with us!

1. Prayer for his strengths to be used for good as he continues to learn in school (especially with reading).
2. For physical protection of his body as he continues to be a very active outdoorsman and soccer player.
3. Prayer for confidence in his character.

Happy birthday sweet Caleb! You are very loved...

**** NOTE ****

As an example of what I'm talking about when I say that Caleb says things that make us all just chuckle...

One of his chores is to empty the clean silverware from the dishwasher. This afternoon he did that chore, but when I called him back to the dishwasher because there was still a wooden spoon and a pink spatula in there, he simply stated...

"Mom, I don't do pink-ware OR wood-ware. My job is to do the SILVER-WARE!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a good looking boy! I think he resembles his papa!

Caleb, I am so proud of you. I hope there will be a day when my visits with you and your brothers will be more than hours. I love you with all my heart!

PAPA