Monday, October 25, 2010

Introductions


This precious baby girl is Isabella Grace. Her mommy and daddy recently asked J and I to become her Godparents. WOW... what an honor! When her mama asked, my eyes immediately filled with tears. They came so quickly that even I was surprised!! I think one of the reasons for the tears was that I was suddenly overcome with thoughts of a journey. The journey was one between Gina (Isabella's mama) and myself. The two of us are like sisters. There have been moments of unbeatable laughter, as well as moments of hurt and tears. We have been through individual trials in our lives.... and trials that tried to separate us. Thankfully, we serve a God who offers and encourages forgiveness. Our sister hearts have been made new and our friendship is so unique and sweet.

For me, being Isabella's Godparent means praying over her life for ALL her life. I will have the privilege of watching her grow, in body, mind and most importantly, in spirit. She was created for purpose, and I take praying for that purpose in her life very seriously. It's something I pray about for my three boys every day... now I get to pray these things for this sweet little girl too! Isabella, may you always shine the light of Jesus from that precious face of yours.

She is the newest member of "Us", Isabella Grace. I'm so honored and grateful to be introducing her to you...

~ You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. ~ Matthew 5:14-16

1 comment:

The Holbrooks said...

We are so honored and blessed to call you our friends...and now, the Godparents of our Baby Belle! Your post brought tears to my eyes! God is SOOOO faithful and full of surprises. We love you...and Isabella sends sloppy kisses all around ;)