Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cleaning House

Do you ever feel like the Lord is just cleaning house inside the depths of your soul? Like He's reaching into ALL the crevices and removing every cob web?

I do.

Lately, I've been feeling that a LOT. I posted here a few weeks ago about how I felt like God was preparing me for some changes. I'm still totally unsure of what those changes are. I still feel COMPLETELY in the dark. I trust Him though. I trust him with my life.

The past couple of weeks, more than anything, I have felt like God was just cleaning house. He's doing the work that needs to be done inside of me before giving me MORE work that needs to be done around me.

Cleaning house is a hard thing though. It's dirty work. Letting go of past hurts and things that have made me down right angry isn't something that comes easy to me. Surrendering those things is what He wants from me, and I know in the end the burdens on my shoulder will be much lighter. It's true what they say you know... "It takes more muscles to frown than it does to smile".

So smile... I will. Frown... I won't. Today I'm actually feeling excited about this house cleaning. I'm expecting to hear God's voice whispering in my ear all along... assuring me.

I am His and He is mine.

1 comment:

Dad said...

I have found that the "cleaning" never stops. About the time when you feel things are pretty spotless, God finds a speck of dirt.