Friday, December 11, 2009

Morning Thoughts...

I have been reading a book that has quickly won it's way into my heart. It's called 'A Bethlehem Christmas' by Charles Swindoll. It's a book divided into three chapters. The first chapter describes the events of Christ's birth through Mary's perspective, the second chapter through Joseph's perspective, and the last chapter through the angel Gabriel's perspective. I was reading it to the boys this morning, and a familiar knot found it's way into my throat. I'd like to share a little bit of what the angel Gabriel had to say...

" I know more than any mortal could, for I stand in the very presence of God and announce His decrees to people on earth. Yet, despite the timeless, heavenly perspective I enjoy as one of His heavenly messengers, one particular mystery is beyond my ability to understand: God's persistent, unrelenting love for people. It began before time and it will never end." ~ Gabriel

Isn't that so true, and simply amazing? The birth of Jesus was a master plan for human kind. The plan was formed because of that relentless love for all of US. Some of us have chosen to look in the direction of this Savior born to us, others haven't YET... but God never gives up. He chooses to remain the same. He chooses to be persistent. He chooses to desire to win the hearts of EVERYBODY. He chooses those that are continually judged by many. He chooses those that are rejected by many. He chooses those that choose Him, but don't live as though they do. He chooses me.

Simply. Beautiful.

I highly recommend this book to anyone desiring to gain more perspective about Christ's birth. I have nativity sets throughout my house, and after reading this book, I will never look at them the same again.

Happy Friday. ~

4 comments:

Dad said...

I'm thankful that God doesn't give up on me. I would have a long time ago.

Dad said...

I love the following quote:

"Lord Jesus, master of both the light and the darkness, send your Holy Spirit upon our preparations for Christmas. We who have so much to do seek quiet spaces to hear your voice each day. We who are anxious over many things look forward to your coming among us. We who are blessed in so many ways long for the complete joy of your kingdom. We whose hearts are heavy seek the joy of your presence. We are your people, walking in darkness, yet seeking the light. To you we say, "Come Lord Jesus!"

Henri Nouwen

The Holbrook Family said...

Tami...I'm so thankful for His relentless love for me and I'm so thankful that I have not exhausted His patient and immense love for me. I know that it is His Love that has kept us friends and I'm so thankful that we know forgiveness! I love you. Thank you for loving me, even when it has been difficult. Merry Christmas!
Gi

partyoffivetn said...

Beautiful, beautiful...I really needed to read that!
Merry Christmas to you too my friend, and I hope it is white!