Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Clement Richard


For the past three weeks, we have had an incredible young man from France living with us. We took him in from a summer exchange student program. When we said "yes" to the coordinator that actually came to us, we never expected to be so richly blessed by the experience. I wrote in detail about our three weeks with Clement and all the lessons learned over here...

If anyone ever comes to your door and asks if you are interested in hosting an exchange student, I wholeheartedly suggest that you say YES! The doors of your heart will be opened in ways you never thought possible.

We are so grateful for Clement. We are grateful that his parents want to share him with the world. They have so many reasons to be proud of their son!

We miss you already, our "french son". We will see you on Skype!

Kisses...

2 comments:

Van Patten said...

I fondly remember exchange students in my home all through HS. It was a wonderful introduction to the world at large and the vast culture of people across the planet. It gave me a desire to travel and an openness to learn of others. A character trait I still keep close to heart today.

Holbrook Family said...

Aaaaaww...the days go by! Next stop - our gentlemen start high school. What a blessed experience for your guys. I'm sure Clement will always cherish the time he spent with his "American Family"! ;) He lucked out when he was put with the Grays!!! Love you much dear friend and thank you for the sweet note on me 'blah'g.