Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Journey

I am trying something new. I am posting this using my new iPad that my honey bought me for Christmas. That means that my middle finger of my right hand is gaining new muscle above the rest of my fingers. :0) Touch pad is tricky, people.

So the other day I was thinking about this journey we have been on.... New schools, new homes, new friends, etcetera. This question popped into my head...

Where are we journeying TO?

The quickest answer I came to was, well, our final destination of course.... Our "final" home, school,etc.. But then I began to hear something else whispered in my ear. This journey that I am on, that my husband and our three sweet boys are on.... It's a journey to knowing and trusting Christ more. At the end of all of this we will ALL have a different relationship with Jesus. We are learning to let Him walk ahead of us each day. We are learning to hold His hand. We are learning that our ways aren't always His ways.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
Be thankful in everything, for this is christ's will for you.

We are learning to find gratitude in all circumstances. Gratitude in boxes being packed and unpacked again. Gratitude in being the new kid on campus half way through freshman year. Gratitude brings worship, and worship brings hope.

Hope brings strength.

The journey continues and it remains sweet. Thank you all for your prayers. They are felt EVERY day!

No comments: