Monday, September 2, 2013

Sometimes It's Just Hard!

Life is back into full speed. School is back in... It has been for weeks now. The days are slow, but fast. They are good, and they are sweet... But...

Sometimes it's just hard.

I leave the house each morning with loads of laundry still to be done. The kitchen sink is almost always left with an assortment of dirty dishes too. I leave knowing that all of this will be waiting for me when I get home at the end of the day. I remind myself of the change of "seasons"... But...

Sometimes it's just hard.

I see the inner struggle of my boys as they get out of my car each morning. They are "jumping through the hoops" of public education. They seem happy, but frustrated and sad too. I know that there is importance in the decisions that we have made for our family for this time... But...

Sometimes it's just hard.

The man I love expresses such discontent with his work. He feels there aren't enough hours in the day to complete the tasks before him. The demands are too much. People (including me) pull him in too many directions. He is an incredible man with such incredible integrity. He always keeps going... But...

Sometimes it's just hard.

~ Phillipians 4:6-9

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers and sister, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things. Whatever you have learned of received or heard from me, or seen in me- put into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Practice makes perfect is an old saying that comes to mind. Sometimes it IS just hard, but the Lord asks me to not dwell in this attitude, but to rise above it and be FULL of thanksgiving for the true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and PRAISEWORTHY things in my life!

When my attitude is turned in this direction, then I can be an encouragement to my husband and my boys. I can pray for them... That they too will rise above and conquer the hard things... That they would also be FULL of thanksgiving... And PEACE!

What a promise! I am overcome.




No comments: