Monday, July 28, 2008

Quenching the Thirst


I found this bit of scripture (actually, it found me) last week. It has been spoken to me over and over since. I thought I would share it...

The poor and needy search for
water,
but there is none;
their tongues are parched
with thirst.
But I the Lord will answer
them;
I, the God of Israel, will not
forsake them.
I will make rivers flow on
barren heights,
and springs within the
valleys.
I will turn the desert into
pools of water,
and the parched ground into
springs.
I will put in the desert
the cedar and the acacia, the
myrtle and the olive.
I will set pines in the
wasteland,
the fir and the cypress
together,
so that people may see and
know,
may consider and
understand,
that the hand of the Lord has
done this,
that the Holy One of Israel
has created it.

~ Isaiah 41:17-20

No comments: