Monday, September 29, 2008

Wisdom on Eye Boogers

I can't help myself... if my boys knew I was posting this, they would NOT be happy, BUT... a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do, right?

So, the other night I turned the baby monitor on by my bed after I put the boys to bed. I don't always have it on anymore. I usually use it when one of them is sick or something like that. Anyhow, sometimes I've been known to use it so that I can listen to the funny conversations that they have when they lay their heads down at night. The topic of conversation was... eye boogers. You see, Colby and Caleb have bunk beds. Colby likes to sleep in the morning and Caleb generally gets up kinda early. Colby had a new theory to share with his brother in order to get him to sleep longer. This is the dialogue that I heard...

Colby: "Caleb, do you get those crusty, boogery things in your eyes in the morning?"

Caleb: "Yes."

Colby: "Okay, so I have an idea. If you have those in your eyes in the morning, DON'T pull them out!!! If you leave them in, you can close your eyes and go back to sleep. If you pull them out, then it's impossible to go back to sleep. Okay?"

Caleb: "Alright, I'll try, but I might forget."

It's obvious to me that Colby has tried this, and it's worked for him. Anyone else want to 'fess up to having this knowledge???

Just FYI... either Caleb DID forget, or this theory doesn't work for him. Colby's brain is on to new ideas to get his brother to stay asleep in the morning. :0)

1 comment:

partyoffivetn said...

That is so funny!!! Great story...and I have a Caleb too!