Saturday, November 17, 2012

When There Is Hurt

Matthew 18:21, 22

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"
   Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy seven times."

People hurt people. For years, I have processed being hurt by people in different ways. I have tried many techniques, only to find that there is only one that heals.

The past two days I have slowly crawled into the lap of my Father. He has pulled me in close. He is healing my wounds. He is whispering into the depths of my soul that I have to forgive in order for the wounds to close. My wounds are fresh and wide open, but I know with time there will be nothing left of them. The Father heals as I reside with Him.

Several years ago I heard a pastor speak about forgiveness. This message is one that has stuck hard with me. He told us that we are required to forgive, but we are not required to let the person who continually hurts to come back and hurt more. Even though I have been hurt to inner parts this week by this person, I feel free too. I know now that I do not have to let this person continue to come back in. There is closure. There will be forgiveness as I let the Father breathe into me His grace and mercy. That same grace and mercy will spill from me and out to others. I will be free of all of it soon.

This brings me such peace today as I have these sweet conversations with my Jesus. I'm grateful that I no longer search for other things to bring me comfort... When there is hurt...

Jesus heals.


1 comment:

G.Holbrook said...

Hello 'ol pal (not referring to you as old:). It's been too long since we had a good chat, but I am strangely familiar with the pain you speak of in this post. Thanks for sharing and I'm glad I fell on them tonight. Needed them...especially the last...Jesus heals. Hate that you are hurting. Know that you are being prayed for. Much love.