Monday, February 14, 2011

His Love & Delight

~ The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. ~ Zephaniah 3:17

This morning I woke up and the first word that came to my mind was 'delight'. I knew there was purpose in this, so I opened my bible's concordance and thumbed through the scripture references having to do with 'delight'. I found this scripture, and immediately... my spirit was renewed. I took a deep breath, I thanked God for the gift of His word, and I began my day. Little did I know what was in store for me ON THIS DAY.

Last night after church I spoke with my pastor about how J and I have recently learned about being bold... PRAYING boldly. We have always been the ones to pray for general things... not always specific things. We pray for God's will to be done. This weekend though, we felt like there was a house that is supposed to be ours. It's a house that has had a 'for sale' sign in the front of it for several months. J called the owner and told them that if they were ever interested in renting instead of selling... call us. We left that conversation and started praying that if it indeed WAS God's will (like we were feeling it was), that He would open doors. That he would change hearts that needed changing. That He would change minds. Our pastor grabbed some friends of ours after our conversation and they came around J and I and prayed this specific prayer. A little more than twelve hours later, we unexpectedly received a call from the owner. They want us to rent from them. Friends... WE HAVE A HOUSE!!!

God is so big. He is so all knowing. He is so sweet. He knew that this day, I would wake up feeling His love... That I would feel His delight in me. He knew that He would go a step further and SHOW me in BIG ways how He delights in me. The picture is so much bigger too. My husband's faith is ON FIRE right now. It's not about the fact that we got what we wanted either. It's about feeling God IN this. It's about being still and listening... and then being obedient and brave. It's about witnessing first hand the STRENGTH and POWER of a God that only wants to save us from our own brokenness.

Originally, I had thought of another song that I would want to post along with this post. I actually told my sweet friend about that a couple of months ago. However, I heard this one today and I knew it was the one.

To God ALONE be the glory... It is He who goes before us and completes every work in us. My prayer continues to be that He uses us AND this home to bless others. That it will be a place that always feels this good... This RIGHT... As it does on THIS day.

3 comments:

Van Patten said...

TO GOD BE THE GLORY! As His mission involves His children, He will provide what you need to accomplish His will. I know that your family will be looking to discern His will in this new home to come. Blessings to serve with you as we Elevate the Great Gospel of God.

Chalk Inscriptions said...

Last week I was feeling so thankful for you and your family and how much you blessed us with the time you gave to us. It was very precious to my heart. I was asking the Lord to provide the right home for you and thought I would read your blog today. Thank you for sharing and God's provision! On Sunday, we had a similar story. Recently, I have been praying for a VERY, large table for my growing family. The Lord provided a brand new Pottery Barn table free. Of course it will not fit in this house, so I felt this was more confirmation from God of our move soon! God does delight in us and sings over us! I love to feel God's love in these tangible ways!

G. Holbrook said...

He is such a GREAT God! We are rejoicing with you today and trust that this next step is one that will launch you deeper into His will for your precious family. "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart can imagine what He has in store for those who love Him!" You are LOVED dear Gray family. Hugs!