Sunday, February 27, 2011

He Is My vision

"My tongue has had a razor edge and my eyes have rolled haughty and my neck has been stiff and graceless and I have lived the filth ugly, and idolater, a glutton, and a grace thief who hasn't had time for the thanks." ~ Taken from 1000 Gifts, Ann Voskamp

God gifted me with so much more than just a clean space to look at in my house. He filled me with new vision today. He reminded me as only He can, that He is the vision upon which my eyes should look at. He has set a new path before me. He has given me another day, another chance to be grateful FOR EVERYTHING... Another opportunity for me to extend grace to others... And yes, even to myself.

Oh Lord... Be my vision... My hope. Take this grace thief from me and replace it with someone that lovingly, willingly, over abundantly extends grace. Forgive my eyes for their wandering ways. I want these eyes to be focused on you.. focused on the purpose You have set before me. Let my tongue speak words of kindness and genuine love. Let it not be sharp... Even when the distractions around me are overwhelming. I want to teach peace, not destruction.

Thank you, Jesus. Thank you for gifting me with so much more than I even asked for. Thank you for gifting me with what I REALLY needed. You are always good like that.

~ Amen

No comments: