Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Growing Up

Some things I've noticed lately....

Top 10 Reasons That I Know They Are Growing Up

10. The cans of shaving cream seem to disappear faster.
9. The grocery bill each month has become greater than the national debt!
8. The regular bar soap has been replaced by Axe, Old Spice or anything else that smells "manly".
7. Their laundry loads have doubled in size not simply because there are more pieces... The pieces have just doubled in size.
6. When I call home, it sounds like a stranger is answering my phone. No, not a stranger, it's my son.
5. They aren't home as much anymore, but when they are home, they are pretty busy.... With anything BUT Legos. :(
4. Cat In The Hat no longer lingers on my coffee table. In it's place sits the latest teen novel.
3. "Crafting" doesn't mean pom poms and pipe cleaners. It means a million kazillion little plastic painted model pieces needing to be put together (not my gift people).
2. Hearing the music they play makes me cry... Not because it's cute, but because it's BEAUTIFUL!

And the number one reason I know that they are growing up...

1. They make ME laugh more than I can ever hope to make them laugh!

No comments: