Monday, March 1, 2010

Love Wins


Yesterday as we were driving down the freeway, I saw a bumper sticker that read 'Love Wins'. I know that I've seen this sticker before, and I'm sure that there is some significance behind it (besides the obvious truth), but I couldn't help but stop to really think about it yesterday.

Love Wins.

J and I were blessed with a date out this weekend. It started out as just dinner and a movie, then the friend who offered to watch the boys asked if they could stay the night. Ummm... yes. THEN... she called the next morning and asked if she could take them all on a long walk which would mean they wouldn't be ready to pick up until almost NOON. Ummmm.... once again... YES!

We enjoyed dinner out, he agreed to a "chick flick" at the movies (thanks, babe), we came home, stayed up late, got up late, enjoyed a nice breakfast together and went on a long walk together. It was beautiful... Beautiful, un-interupted, re-discovering much needed time together.

J and I have been married for 17 years. We've known each other for almost 21 years. I realized something this weekend though...

Just as taste buds change every seven years, so do people and their likes/dis-likes, hobbies, passions, etc.. My husband and I have seen many changes take place in us and around us since our life together began. However, we don't stop often enough to TALK about those changes. Especially the changes inside of US. We did that this weekend, and it felt SOOOOO good. I felt like I was getting to know him all over again and he was seeing things inside of me that made him feel just as excited.

My hubby is my best friend. He is an incredible person that I am absolutely blessed to call "mine". I fell in love with him many years ago, and as I see things happening in his heart and life on an on-going basis, I fall in love with him all over again.

I'm not oblivious though. I know that many are NOT so blessed to feel the same way about their spouses. That makes me sad. I know that in many people's lives, love is NOT the warrior that wins. I say warrior because at times, that's just what it takes. The world TRIES to win. I believe statistics say that in most cases, unfortunately, the world does win. BUT... if more people took the time to hear their spouses, to really know them and love them where they are at, love would win more.

Isn't that something we can all pray for?

I'm grateful for my Knight In Shining Armor.... My best friend... my love that fights the fight so that in us... Love wins.

5 comments:

Tarissa said...

thank you. thanks for the talk, thanks for prayers, thanks for always being the best sister i could ask for. i love you.

Ali Workentin said...

What a great post Tami.

We have been married 34+ years and I can say that I love Ron so much more than when we wed. He is also my best friend and for that I am thankful.

Thanks for sharing from your heart.

Dave Sargeant said...

Just read your blogs for first time, greatly encouraged. Being available is so important. Got to your blog in a 'random' next blog search. Have a blog called Beauties of creation. God is good. Dave.

christina k. said...

Hi, found your blog by clicking on 'next blog' like the person who left the comment before me.
just like to share that I think that it's wonderful what you two have and i look forward to having something like that of my own. =D

your other posts are also great reminders of life and its beauties.

Three Cups Full said...

ha - a friend of mine has a bumper sticker that says "love wins." if you're in los angeles, maybe it was her. beautiful page :)